As I write this email, I get scared of the future. Last evening, almost all states were ordered to shut down. Rather, a lockdown of the states. This simply means, there are a hell lot of restrictions imposed on the people and their movement, restrictions on business centres, hotels and almost every other commercial place. While some of the daily essentials will be made available, most of the them won’t be.
If you turn on any random news channel, you’ll probably go mad looking at the amount of news and information being thrown at you. Agree, this is the time the news channels have to make maximum money and increase the TRP. But, at the same time, I would’ve hoped them to be a lot more informative and helpful to people by generating positive thoughts rather than generate fear. Having said that, if you are looking to get a glimpse of what will be available and what not, I’ve jotted down the important ones below. Hoping all of you would find it helpful.
What is available in Bengaluru?
- Medical stores
- Healthcare centres, hospitals, and ambulance service
- Food delivery apps (Swiggy, Zomato, etc.)
- Gas delivery (Indane, HP, BP)
- Milk, vegetables and fruits
- Online and offline groceries (limited)
- Petrol, Diesel and Auto Gas
- Public and private sector banks (Weekdays, 10am – 2pm)
- Government offices (limited)
- Police stations and emergency services
What is not available in Bengaluru?
- Hotels, bakeries and eateries
- Pubs, bars, coffee and tea shops, lounge, party and meet-up places
- Malls and cinema halls
- Beauty parlours and massage centres
- Private cabs and autos (Ola and Uber)
- KSRTC and BMTC buses, and Metro trains
- All shopping centres and complexes
- Swimming pools, gymnasiums, indoor and outdoor gaming centres, and recreational activities
- Temples, prayer and yoga centres, community halls.
- City courts and registrar offices
Also, most of the states have sealed the borders and will not let any private or commercial vehicles to pass by. Most importantly, you are not allowed to roam around for no valid reason, and if found, can be imprisoned and fined too.
I understand that this is terrible and I am already drained out looking at the death rates due to Corona virus. All I can say is, these are the testing times and we should motivate ourselves, and try to stay calm. Let’s strongly believe that this will end by the end of March 2020 and post that, we’ll stay in a much relaxed environment.
My sincere request to all of you, is to please stay at home and avoid getting on road. Understand how to stop Corona virus spread and take adequate measures yourself. Also, avoid watching the news constantly that only talks about Corona virus. Please engage your mind with things other than Corona virus and its impact. Stay safe.